Sunday, January 10, 2010

Misty

If I am being honest I have to admit that part of the reason I am so behind on my posting is that I knew this post came next in order and did not want to do it. I just didn't know what I could possibly write that would put into words the emotions of this post. On the day after Thanksgiving a precious friend, Misty George, passed away. She was 30 years old and has 3 young children. Her family is very dear to us and her brother, Houston, is part of our family because he married Sarah. She was a light in my life. She was such an amazing example of a wonderful wife, mother, and follower of Christ. Her life and legacy will not be forgotten. A couple of nights ago I sat down to try to write a poem about her and the feelings we are all having right now. I feel like God spoke to me in those moments, and here is what came out on paper.
Mighty to Restore
Terrible sorrow
Unbearable pain
Earthly nonsense
Heavenly gain
Why has she left us?
I ask once again
You reply:
"I was at her beginning and end."
How can this happen?
I ask in deep strife
You reply: "She was mine child.
You knew by her life."
"You know how she loved me.
You know how she gave.
You knew her humble spirit.
She lived the life of the saved."
Then why did this happen?
Where were You? Where was I?
"I took her with Me to Heaven,
And you don't have to know why."
But we miss her, dear Lord.
Oh her family, their pain.
"I'm the God of salvation.
I know how to sustain.
I am a God of compassion.
I am a God of much grace.
You, my sweet hurting children,
You will feel my embrace.
In quiet moments with me,
In a hug from a friend,
In the smiles of a child,
Each heart I'll gently mend.
I understand pain, Child.
You were bought at a price
But understand this, Love
She is in paradise.
She is dancing with me.
She is hurting no more.
Trust me now with your burden.
I am mighty to restore."
"I am Mighty to Restore."

5 comments:

andreabrosto said...

That's beautiful, Tara. And so completely true. Thanks for sharing that.

Jenny said...

That was wonderful, Tara. Beautifully said. I am praying for you and your family.

April Kay said...

Tara, I LOVE this! You need to give a copy to Jeremy & Stan & LeEllen! It couldn't say everything more perfectly. I am thinking about Misty more and more each and every day it seems. The grief is so raw. I just still couldn't imagine how it is for her family. What would we do without our God?!!? Love you!

chris anne said...

tara, that was so sweet and honest. thank you for sharing that.

The Akin's said...

Tara,
That poem is beautifully written and has to be straight from God. What powerful words and reminders that Misty is in His amazing presence and that He is going to carry the rest of us through this time of pain.
You truly do have the gift of poetry and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Reading the words you wrote brought much healing for me. I love you so much!!
Brooke