Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lookout Ladies and Let's Put our Heads Together






Well, here is a long overdue update on little Ty. I had to post these pictures of him blowing kisses from his little tykes car. I also thought the picture of him sleeping was so cute. This was not staged. I walked in to check on him before I went to bed and he was laying just like that. He is so funny right now. He is always making us laugh. He is starting to talk some, but still just a few words. He is very into playing with cars or anything that has wheels. He has a little enteurage of a train, dump truck, school bus, tractor, cement truck, and car that he drags all around the down stairs to whatever room I am in and pushes around all day. He is also still into throwing a ball a lot. He loves his little sister, but is a little too rough with her. She will be able to hold her own someday. Ty is growing so fast and just looks like a little man somedays. He recently got a haircut. I gave him his "first sucker" to keep him from screaming the entire time and was promptly corrected by my mother that it was not his first sucker. "What happens at the grandparent's house stays at the grandparents house." Ty has been hitting a lot, so the time outs abound around here. He hit every single child in Sunday school on Sunday. I had my first parent teacher conference you could say. He went from pushover to bully overnight. My apologies to the parents who are reading. Does anyone have any suggestions on this one? That's it for now. Scroll down and check out Ansley.

6 comments:

April Kay said...

How funny that your first parent-teacher conference was with me! :) I was laughing when I read the statement about every single kid in Sunday School class. It does make him sound like the biggest bully, but he so isn't! Sweet boy. This next Sunday will be very interesting. I'm excited to read updates on your blog!! Luv ya.

chris anne said...

well, campbell hits, too. my doctor advised us to just keep stressing how to touch people and things "easy" or "gentle" and to use the same word every time you do it. praise him a lot when he touches someone "easy" and remember that progress comes in months not years. that was really helpful to me. campbell thinks it's fun to "touch mommy's face easy!" good luck. pass on any helpful hints you hear.

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion for you....

It's called a good old fashion spanking.

-your husband

Holly said...

Thanks so much for all the pics. They're both getting cuter every day! McClain is starting to hit people in the face alot too while they are holding him. I do the same thing Chris Anne mentions doing with Campbell. I think the trick is to not OVERreact to it because recognizing that he gets your attention quickly by doing that might make it worse. Hope this helps!

Jenny said...

That last picture is hilarious! What is he doing? I am so embarrased for you with that Sunday School thing. You might want to consider changing churches. I'm sure everyone is talking about you kid behind your back. :)

The Akin's said...

Tara-Just seeing these pictures reminds me of how long we have been gone! We had a blast in Australia, but missed you and your family like crazy! Ansley is growing more beautiful by the day and Ty is cute as always! I think it's hilarious about him hitting the kids in Sunday school. I guess he is really trying to prove his manhood now that there is more estrogen in the house! I can't wait to see you guys and will try to give you a call tomorrow. I would call tonight, but it's pretty late and we are exhausted from our 64 hour traveling journey back home! Love you!