Monday, July 28, 2008

NaNa's Birthday

This past Saturday we celebrated my NaNa's 70th birthday. I know what you are thinking, she's only 70? Yes, as my husband so eloquently says, we "Forrests breed early and often". That being said, my grandmother is an amazing woman. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she has a beautiful heart. She has 6 children, 17 grandchildren, 3 grandchild in-laws, and 6 great-grandchildren and she loves us each like we are the only one. Not ever once have I felt overlooked by her or my sweet PaPa who went to Heaven in December of 2006. What an amazing blessing to have such wonderful grandparents. My NaNa is so full of depth and wisdom. I love her so much! I only pray that I can live my first 70 years with the same purpose and integrity that she has lived hers. We had a great time at the party, and my children survived without a nap until almost 4:00! Wow! I was so tired when I got home from chasing them (Brian had to work) that I thought I would collapse, but it was well worth the trip! I can't wait to see how beautiful my NaNa looks on her 80th birthday, and how many great-grandchildren she will have by then!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday NaNa! She is a sweetie! Great pictures! It is amazing how young she is! My grandma H. just turned 88 and my grandma K. is 83 I think!

Anonymous said...

Holly your grandma K is 84! Tara I so love your updates and the pictures of your kids and your family. Love reading your eloquent comments, you and Jenny both have a real gift for expressing your selves so we the readers feel your depth, faith and love of family. Keep up the good work, the kids are so cute and look very happy. Love to you all. Denise

Anonymous said...

what a fun day! Great pics. Thanks for not showing the cake eating contest! Love you!
Celeste

Sarah Ezell said...

Yeah, where are the cake eating contest pictures? Haha!

Shane, Natalie, Madelyn & Murphy said...

ok.. what's your trick? I can't keep a bow in Madelyn's hair! She either takes it out herself or it falls out b/c her hair is too fine! Where are you buying your bows?..Maybe thats my prob.

Tara Petty said...

I buy most of them at Once Upon a Child in Franklin and I can only keep them in if I distract her right after I put it in and she forgets about it! The alligator clips are the only way to go. Ansley's hair is really fine too!